Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Really

Wednesday, June 22, 2011
I can hardly believe I am doing this.  I love, love, love decorating and I have been thinking about doing this for quite some time and now I decided this morning that I was going to do it. I have been reading decorating blogs for quite some time...young house love you were my first inspiration.  I have seen a common thread in many of these wonderful blogs about painted wood and how some people do not like it, or have a fear of painting wood ( by the way, that is where I came up with the name of my blog...is it too cheesy?)   I have to say my DH (Darling Husband) and I go back and forth on this one on a regular basis.  I am slowly changing his mind towards that idea...and I mean SLOWLY.  I have however, convinced him that painting our ugly oak cabinets would be an asset in our home.  That project will be starting in the next few weeks. I will post pictures when I know more about what I am doing with this blog and learn how to actually do this.  If you have any ideas, advice or any words of wisdom please share. 
Until Tomorrow, may the rest of your day be filled with many blessings,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Hi, Kelly!
    Go for it!
    Blogging and painting.
    My cafe' cabinets are oak/were oak. I painted them and love them!
    http://goodbyehousehellohome.blogspot.com/2010/03/basement-kitchen-to-french-cafe.html
    You asked me about my countertops- they are laminate and they are grayish-green and ten years old, LOL!
    So nice to meet you!
    I pray your day is filled with much joy and blessings, too, as you make your home!
    ~Leslie
    P.S. This is the closet I can find to my counters now.http://comparisonsoapstonecountertop.co.cc/wilsonart-laminate-5-x-12-green-soapstone-free-shipping/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leslie for your kind words and inspiration. I love your cafe, it is adorable. My kind of style. I just got done painting a coffee table that I found at good will...and I painted it white :) As soon as I figure this whole blog thing out I will post pictures. Next weekend will begin the kitchen cabinet painting.
    Blessings.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete